improvements for the logging package

skip

It does, in the "in-development" version of the documentation. Sorry it
Thomas> Maybe it can be backported to 2.4.2 - is there still time for that?

Changed now in CVS. When 2.4.2 is released it should be there.

Skip

Trent Mick

[[email protected] wrote]
Thomas> Maybe it can be backported to 2.4.2 - is there still time for that?

Changed now in CVS. When 2.4.2 is released it should be there.

Is this the same kind of thing as the (generally ill-regarded) change in
Python 2.2.x (for some x != 0) that added:
True, False = 0, 1
I may have the details wrong.

Now there is a feature in 2.4.x that wasn't in 2.4.(x-1), which could
cause surprises. I.e. I write code that uses the new thing, test it with
my 2.4.2 install, think that is works with 2.4.* and say so when I
distribute it.

Maybe that is okay. Just asking here because I don't keep up with
Python changes -- or sentiment on how to handle this kind of thing --
well enough.

Trent

skip

Trent> Is this the same kind of thing as the (generally ill-regarded)
Trent> change in Python 2.2.x (for some x != 0) that added:

No, I just backported the documentation bit that marked the keyword
parameter change to basicConfig() as happening in 2.4. I didn't change any
code.

Skip

Trent Mick

[[email protected] wrote]
Trent> Is this the same kind of thing as the (generally ill-regarded)
Trent> change in Python 2.2.x (for some x != 0) that added:

No, I just backported the documentation bit that marked the keyword
parameter change to basicConfig() as happening in 2.4. I didn't change any
code.

Duh. Sorry.

Trent