in-house programming meaning

Matt

I always heard people saying in-house programming or house keeping in
programming context. I don't understand what does it really mean. Please
advise. Thanks!!

Michael Borgwardt

Matt said:
I always heard people saying in-house programming or house keeping in
programming context. I don't understand what does it really mean. Please
advise. Thanks!!

"in-house" means that the work is done by the IT department of the company
instead of being contracted out.

"house keeping" is a completely different thing and can mean just about
any task that is not in itself productive but necessary to stay
productive. The ideal is to automate such tasks. An example where this
was achieved would be garbage collection, which automates the
housekeeping task of memory management.