    outside?"
    "The voices have stopped now. But they had some good ideas."
    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

    Mimic, Mar 13, 2005

  2. in alt.html, Mimic wrote:
    > Just wondering if people have any info on the use of

    First one most likely causes problems (it will cause nested a elements,
    which are sometimes corrected, sometimes not.), latter might work in some
    situations, both are bad idea. Use id attribute on right place, or wrap
    some content in anchor element.

    > Booth appear to pass the w3c xhtml 1.0 trans validator. Thx

    Why are you using XHTML transitional? Validation is tool that finds
    syntax errors. Since correct syntax has little to do with XHTML page that
    works in WWW, it is not very useful tool, unless you understand what it
    is for.
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/validation.html

    Utrecht, NL.

    Lauri Raittila, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Mimic

    Andy Dingley Guest

    It was somewhere outside Barstow when Mimic <> wrote:

    >Just wondering if people have any info on the use of

    Use the <a name=""></a> form and put an id attribute in there too. Use
    the same value for each, and make sure that it's valid for use as an
    ID (no whitespace).

    Read these too

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.10

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_8