In-product video training for your .net app

Matthew Marlow

Fellow developers:

Have you thought about how you will train your users to use the .NET
applications that you're developing?

I just spent the past 4 years helping build .NET applications for a
software company, lots of WinForms apps that used web services and
remoting to talk to SQL back-ends, cool stuff. Got to build some
custom-controls and stuff. But in the end, a lot of the success of the
application was limited because we didn't effectively train the users
on how to use the applications.

I just joined a new company that produces authoring tools for software
simulations and training and thought I'd pass along the URL in case
any of you folks are thinking of really impressing your boss by not
only delivering a kick-ass .NET app but also delivering pre-built
training for it.

You can record software screenshots, video/motion, voice-overs, etc,
add pop-up message, graphics, and compile it all to an HTML, CHM or
video file. It would be really cool to have an in-product link that
took the user right to a training video from within the product.

Anyway, this is the product: http://www.knowledgepresenter.com

Also, here's a link example of some software simulations built using
Knowledge Presenter (KP):
http://www.knowledgepresenter.com/support/demos.htm

And finally, here's a link to download a free eval of the product:
http://www.knowledgepresenter.com/support/downloads.htm

Hope this is useful to you in making your .NET apps more successful!

Regards,

Ryan