    modification to the GUI. I have to code line by line, correct?

    How about JavaBeans? JavaBeans is almost never talked in most Java
    Books. But occasionally, I saw it is used.
    www, Mar 9, 2007

  2. www

    Lew Guest

    Re: In Swing GUI development, do you code by yourself or use powertools?

    www wrote:
    > How about JavaBeans? JavaBeans is almost never talked in most Java
    > Books. But occasionally, I saw it is used.

    JavaBeans as such are not such the buzzword any more. For most people, use of
    JavaBeans amounts to no more than following the conventions / mandates for
    getX() and setX() methods (accessors and mutators). The JB spec has much more
    - listeners and notifications, most notably, and property sheets.

    Actually, JavaBeans are quite powerful. Researching this post I ran across an
    article at Sun
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/beans/changes14.html>
    that tipped me off to some classes I can use in current projects.

    Get the whole schmeer at
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/beans/>

    Y'know, it took less than five minutes for me to turn up these links. I just
    opened <http://java.sun.com/> and used their search box.

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 10, 2007