  1. Asterbing

    Asterbing Guest

    How to do "<" and/or ">" be authorized in a textarea ?
    Asterbing, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Asterbing

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Asterbing
    finally proclaimed:

    > How to do "<" and/or ">" be authorized in a textarea ?

    &lt; and &gt;

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Asterbing wrote:
    > How to do "<" and/or ">" be authorized in a textarea ?

    You do realize your 'fake' email address is to a 'real' domain that is
    owned by someone

    http://thanks.org/

    I am sure that they don't appreciate your spam prevention method...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Asterbing wrote:

    > How to do "<" and/or ">" be authorized in a textarea ?

    Nothing needs to be done to authorize that.

    You probably wanted to know how to enter "<" and ">" as data characters
    _in HTML_, specifically in textarea element content. Consult a primer on
    HTML for that, _after_ you have considered why you wish to use such
    characters in the _default value_ for an _input_ field.

    (Oh well, I might as well read the primers for you. The characters "<"
    needs to be written as "<" or equivalently "<" or equivalently
    "&lt;". And ">" can be written as such, contrary to popular
    superstition, but you can use e.g. "&gt;" for it for symmetry, as a
    matter of source code style.)
    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 4, 2006