inaccessible features (HTMLWriter)

Andrey Kuznetsov

I wondered why getText() returns an old style HTML (3.2).
After some investigation I found that HTMLWriter has two convert methods.
One of them (convertToHTML40) makes use of modern CSS and another
(convertToHTML32) drops CSS and replaces it with old HTML.

Which method will be choosed depends on variable 'writeCSS' which is
initialiset to false,
has private access and has no getter/setter.

That makes impossible to save new style HTML and also to switch between
WISIWIG and source editing.

Is it a bug?
Or some one just forgot to add getter/setter methods?

Roedy Green

Is it a bug?
Or some one just forgot to add getter/setter methods?

You can't roll your own convertToHTML like this because
convertToHTML40 is private. Perhaps they are just getting prepared to
change the definition?

AttributeSet convertToHTML(AttributeSet from, MutableAttributeSet to)
{
if (to == null) {
to = convAttr;
}