INC

Guest

How to restrict the .INC file being viewed using a Browser if we know the
path??

Thanks
vinay

Yama

Add it to your IIS configuration as an .aspx file:
Point it to your aspnet_isapi.dll

Open IIS right-click web folder and select Properties.
Select the "Home Directory" tab.
Click the "Configuration..." button.
Click the "Add" button.
Browse to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll
In Extension textbox input .inc
Click OK

Note this will not work on a non server machine such as XP. ONly on Win 2K
server

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You can edit your machine.config file.

Look for the <httpHandlers> section. You will see a long list of them, just
stick this line in anywhere.

<add verb="*" path="*.inc" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler"/>

HTH,

bill