    to see if there was a more elegant way to do it...!

    Is there an efficient way to include the output of a .cgi file in an ASP file?

    Bill.

    Bill, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Bill

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote:

    >How can I include a .cgi file in an .ASP file?
    >
    >I've tried #include, Server.Transfer, and Server.Execute (yes, I know the last two are
    >only for ASP, but I tried it anyway).

    #include should suffice to suck *any* file into your ASP file. But
    just what are you hoping to accomplish? A CGI file can be written in
    *any* language. The CGI facility can call Perl scripts, Python
    scripts, C or C++ programs, etc. etc. Simply including a Perl script,
    for example, into your ASP page won't do any good, the ASP filter
    won't have a clue what to do with it. If you want it to be executed
    you'll have to do something else.

    >If I have to, I guess I'll use ASPHTTP to do an http call to the file but first I wanted
    >to see if there was a more elegant way to do it...!

    I confess I don't know what ASPHTTP is. If it's a way of sending a
    request to the server, then that's probably what you need to do.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    Tim Slattery, Jun 13, 2006