    to use IFrames/Frames.
    JavaScript usage is ok, of course.

    Thanks...

    Ralf Koms, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Ralf Koms

    Karl Core Guest

    "Ralf Koms" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to include a HTML file into another.
    > So a main.html file should aggregate it's content by including other HTML
    > files.
    >
    > So at various point some includes pointing to http://.../content1.html
    > should be present.
    >
    > I do not want to use a serverside script language for that and do not want
    > to use IFrames/Frames.
    > JavaScript usage is ok, of course.

    Of course. I mean, to hell with those 7-11% of people who don't have
    javascript enabled or whose browsers don't support javascript at all.
    **** em. Why bother using server-side scripting which preprocesses the
    information and presents it as one page? Its pure rubbish! Let's **** about
    with a dumb monkey language like Javascript!

    -Karl

    Karl Core, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Ralf Koms wrote:

    > I would like to include a HTML file into another.
    > So a main.html file should aggregate it's content by including other HTML
    > files.

    There are dozens of server side solutions. The specifics depend on the
    capabilities of your server.

    > I do not want to use a serverside script language for that and do not want
    > to use IFrames/Frames.

    So you don't want to use the safe method, and you don't want to use the
    crummy method that HTML allows.

    > JavaScript usage is ok, of course.

    Well ... you might be able to achieve something ... but it wouldn't work in
    most browsers, wouldn't work in Google and would be insanely complicated
    (oh, and a goodly chunk of the work would have to be done twice - once for
    Mozilla and once for IE).

    .... and now I've typed this I notice over in comp.lang.javascript ...

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Ralf Koms

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Ralf Koms

    Juan Valdez Guest

    "Karl Core" <> wrote:

    >Of course. I mean, to hell with those 7-11% of people who don't have
    >javascript enabled or whose browsers don't support javascript at all.
    >**** em. Why bother using server-side scripting which preprocesses the
    >information and presents it as one page? Its pure rubbish! Let's **** about
    >with a dumb monkey language like Javascript!
    >
    >-Karl

    Uh, Karl...I think it's time to switch to decaf.

    --

    Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

    Juan Valdez, Oct 11, 2004
  6. Ralf Koms

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Karl Core said:

    > Of course. I mean, to hell with those 7-11% of people who don't have
    > javascript enabled or whose browsers don't support javascript at all.
    > **** em. Why bother using server-side scripting which preprocesses the
    > information and presents it as one page? Its pure rubbish! Let's **** about
    > with a dumb monkey language like Javascript!

    couldn't have said it better myself

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 11, 2004