    recommend a tutorial or something similar.

    Thanks,

    jh
    HMS Surprise, Jan 20, 2007

  2. HMS Surprise

    IR Guest

    HMS Surprise wrote:

    > I am running VC++6.0 and have installed DDK. Under project
    > settings for
    >
    > additional resource include directories I have listed:
    > C:\WINDDK\3790.1830\inc\wxp. However I still get a build error
    > stating that hidsdi.h cannot be opened. I am a new user of VC++ so
    > I am sure I am doing something ignorant. Would also appreciate it
    > if you could recommend a tutorial or something similar.

    I'd rather recommend you to use a more up-to-date compiler, eg. Visual
    C++ 2005 (the Express edition is free to download).

    BTW, this newsgroup deals with the *standard* C++ language. AFAIK,
    VC++, DDK, and hidsdi.h are not mentionned in the ISO IEC 14882
    standard. Maybe you'd be more lucky on a newsgroup with "microsoft",
    "vc" and/or "kernel" in its name.

    Cheers,
    --
    IR
    IR, Jan 20, 2007

  3. HMS Surprise

    HMS Surprise Guest

    > I'd rather recommend you to use a more up-to-date compiler, eg. Visual
    > C++ 2005 (the Express edition is free to download).
    >
    > BTW, this newsgroup deals with the *standard* C++ language. AFAIK,
    > VC++, DDK, and hidsdi.h are not mentionned in the ISO IEC 14882
    > standard. Maybe you'd be more lucky on a newsgroup with "microsoft",
    > "vc" and/or "kernel" in its name.
    >

    > Cheers,
    > --
    > IR

    Thanks for posting.

    Using 6.0 because project leader at office wants to avoid overhead and
    speed factor of later versions, perhaps MSIL? But I will certainly take
    your advice and get the 2005 version next week when I can connect at
    better than 26.4K.

    BTW, got rid of the "not found" error by giving full pathname. Now
    getting missing semi-colon errors which actually means it doesn't like
    LONG instead of long. So now I am off to find where that may be
    defined.

    Also posted to microsoft vc group but after no answer for 4 hours
    thought I would try this group as I saw other VC questions posted. Not
    sure as to what ISO IEC 14882 refers, spose I'll do some checking. The
    group description didn't explicitly say no MS so I took a chance. I'll
    go quietly.....

    Thanks again,
    jh
    HMS Surprise, Jan 20, 2007