<!--include files - help

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mark, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Im trying to use the "includes" on an asp file
    I have one file called services.asp and i've included a footer on this page
    as
    PageBot.asp

    they are both in the root of the site but it doesn't include the contents of
    PageBot.asp

    if I view source on services.asp, it has this at the bottom of the page
    <!--#include virtual="pageBot.asp"-->
    when in fact it should include the footer html

    I've tried using 'file' and 'virtual' on the includes bit but it still
    doesn't work

    it works locally but not on the server,
    I think the live environment is running apache

    to view it have a look here
    http://www.ais2000.co.uk/test.asp

    footer can be seen on this page
    http://www.ais2000.co.uk/AISpreview.jpg

    Mark, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Mark

    Steven Burn Guest

    Is it being including dynamically or statically?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Statically
    its always calling the same file

    Mark, Mar 8, 2005
  4. > it works locally but not on the server,
    > I think the live environment is running apache

    Well, Apache doesn't run ASP out of the box... have you verified that some
    ASP emulator is present? Otherwise your ASP will be processed as HTML/plain
    text and that #include directive will just be a comment.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 8, 2005
  5. Mark

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:24:23 -0000, "Mark"
    <> wrote:

    >Im trying to use the "includes" on an asp file
    >I have one file called services.asp and i've included a footer on this page
    >as
    >PageBot.asp
    >
    >they are both in the root of the site but it doesn't include the contents of
    >PageBot.asp

    Have you checked the log files to see what is being requested and the
    response?

    >if I view source on services.asp, it has this at the bottom of the page
    > <!--#include virtual="pageBot.asp"-->
    >when in fact it should include the footer html

    That sounds like the ASP isn't getting processed.

    >I've tried using 'file' and 'virtual' on the includes bit but it still
    >doesn't work
    >
    >it works locally but not on the server,
    >I think the live environment is running apache

    Do you know what ASP emulator it's running? Apache doesn't do ASP
    natively, so you may have problems there.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 9, 2005
  6. http://www.powerasp.com/content/code-snippets/includes.asp

    Kyle Peterson, Apr 30, 2005