Including a DTD inline

Jared

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if it's possible in Java to include a DTD file in an XML
document.

From what I've read, I've understood that I can only create SYSTEM and
PUBLIC external DTDs with the DOMImplementation.createDocumentType
method.

Also, transformer.setOutputProperty can only set DOCTYPE_SYSTEM and
DOCTYPE_PUBLIC properties.

It seems that Java has no way of building or outputing an XML document
with an inlined DTD.

Are my assumptions correct? I hope to be corrected.

Thank you,
Jared Hagel

Jared

I've read the webpage you've provided, but I couldn't find an answer
to my question.

I agree with your opinion of XML. However, I still need to manipulate
XML to finish my job.

Thanks,
Jared

Roedy Green

I've read the webpage you've provided, but I couldn't find an answer
to my question.

see the link at the bottom of the page to xmlfiles.com (has lots of
examples and tutorials).