Including content in a View in MultiView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Nathan Sokalski, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. When I include a MultiView control in my application, I receive the
    following error:

    MultiView cannot have children of type 'Label'. It can only have children
    of type View.

    I receive the same error (with 'Label' replaced with another control type)
    when I use other control types as well. The only type of control that is an
    immediate child of my MultiView control is View. The basic layout of my
    MultiView control is:

    <asp:MultiView ID="mvwDetails" runat="server" ActiveViewIndex="0">
    <asp:View>
    'the controls that I want displayed for this View
    </asp:View>
    <asp:View>
    'the controls that I want displayed for this View
    </asp:View>
    <asp:View>
    'the controls that I want displayed for this View
    </asp:View>
    <asp:View>
    'the controls that I want displayed for this View
    </asp:View>
    </asp:MultiView>

    If I cannot place anything inside the View tags, how am I supposed to use
    MultiView? Is there something I am missing or forgetting? If somebody could
    please help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski, Aug 27, 2007