incompatible compilation error built-in function ‘execl’

srikanth

I am compiling crashme source code on windows using cywin and i am
facing some compilation error.

Error:crashme.c: In function 'vfork_main':
crashme.c:594: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘execl’

Though the source code had unistd.h included, but still the error
persisting. Kindly help me how to fix this issue.

FYI, I am compiling a program called crashme located at
(people.delphiforums.com/gjc/crashme.zip) for testing some kernal
patches.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Thompson

srikanth said:
I am compiling crashme source code on windows using cywin and i am
facing some compilation error.

Error:crashme.c: In function 'vfork_main':
crashme.c:594: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘execl’

Though the source code had unistd.h included, but still the error
persisting. Kindly help me how to fix this issue.

FYI, I am compiling a program called crashme located at
(people.delphiforums.com/gjc/crashme.zip) for testing some kernal
patches.

This turns out to be a Unix-specific issue.

The "#include <unistd.h>" is there, but it's surrounded by "#ifdef
linux"; Cygwin is not Linux, so "linux" is not defined.

See the answer I just posted at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8021829/incompatible-compilation-error-built-in-function-execl/