Incompetent web authoring or much worse?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:14:32 GMT
dorayme scribed:
I still have no idea if you have seen the film?

Here are the two possible interpretations:

(1) Yep, you have seen it.

(2) Yep, the statement, "You have not seen it" is true

Er, sorry, I thought you were asking if I had seen Groundhog Day the day.
Thought it was a little peculiar.

Anyway, I _have_ seen the film, but it was such a long time ago, I barely
remember it. -A Bill Murrey vehicle with the li'l critter poppin' in and
out of his hole? (I may be confused it with "Caddyshack" somewhat.) To be
honest, I'm not that much of a BM fan, although I did kind of enjoy
"Meatballs".

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:14:32 GMT
dorayme scribed:

Er, sorry, I thought you were asking if I had seen Groundhog Day the day.
Thought it was a little peculiar.

I was asking you that. What do you now suppose I was asking you?
Whether Daffy Duck was your uncle? Geez! (to use your favourite
expression).

What the was peculiar about it? The film story is about the only
thing I ever associate with "groundhog". For me, it pretty well
means endless repetition of life. But just a minute! Are you
implying that I am peculiar in some way? Now hang on there
Boji... <g>

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:17:18
GMT dorayme scribed:
I was asking you that. What do you now suppose I was asking you?
Whether Daffy Duck was your uncle? Geez! (to use your favourite
expression).

Geesh, woman! ...Groundhog Day - THE DAY! _Not_ the movie but the day
itself which is Groundhog Day. Ergo, I thought you were asking me if I
had seen THE DAY in order to be short or flippant or cutsie, or God knows
what.
What the was peculiar about it?

The peculiarity was in you asking me if I had seen THE DAY. Of course,
since you were really asking me if I had seen the movie, this might have
seemed peculiar to you. However, since you appear to read on a level
about par with Jukka's diplomacy, I'll bet a lot of things seem peculiar
to you...
The film story is about the only
thing I ever associate with "groundhog". For me, it pretty well
means endless repetition of life. But just a minute! Are you
implying that I am peculiar in some way? Now hang on there
Boji... <g>

Well, pork sausage makes me think of groundhog in a way...

Btw, "geez" _isn't_ my favourite word. Under an American auspices, it's
still not my favorite word.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Geesh, woman! ...Groundhog Day - THE DAY! _Not_ the movie but the day
itself which is Groundhog Day. Ergo, I thought you were asking me if I
had seen THE DAY in order to be short or flippant or cutsie, or God knows
what.

The peculiarity was in you asking me if I had seen THE DAY.

The real peculiarity is you thinking that I would ask you if you
can see something which is not even the sort of thing an ordinary
earthling can see. A day is period of time.

And don't address me as "woman". Have some respect. In return, I
will not put out a rumour about you being Daffy Duck's pet frog.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:51:18
GMT dorayme scribed:
The real peculiarity is you thinking that I would ask you if you
can see something which is not even the sort of thing an ordinary
earthling can see. A day is period of time.

Well, I was judging on the basis of some of your past missives. One never
knows what one can expect...
And don't address me as "woman". Have some respect. In return, I
will not put out a rumour about you being Daffy Duck's pet frog.

What's wrong with "woman"? (Er, the term, not the physical creature. I
don't have hours and hours to respond to reams of eclectic data.) Guys
say, "Hey, man,..." all the time and there's seldom any objection to that.
If you're ashamed of your sex, take it up with God or get the pertinent
surgical attachment. If you go the latter route, though, your attitude
will have to change, too.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well, I was judging on the basis of some of your past missives. One never
knows what one can expect...

As usual, you vaguely refer to this and that without specifying
anything really. When have I ever said anything that would give
rise to any concerns that would justify you thinking that I would
think that you might be able to see a period of time?
What's wrong with "woman"?

It is narrow minded and impertinent to say this to a creature
from another planet, that's why. Your absurd remarks about
operations for me have been snipped. I feel I have a license now
to spread the rumour that you are Daffy duck's pet frog.

Expect a visit by Donald Duck who will introduce himself as
Officer "Bud" White but you will see through this. He will
discuss with you the propriety of being his pianist rival's pet
frog (see Who Framed Roger Rabbit). Donald has a foul temper on
occasions. I will be most glad not to be there when he
'discusses' this little matter with you.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:03:10
GMT dorayme scribed:
As usual, you vaguely refer to this and that without specifying
anything really. When have I ever said anything that would give
rise to any concerns that would justify you thinking that I would
think that you might be able to see a period of time?

You're looking at the situation with too much specificity. It's not that
what you said led me to expect any one particular thing, it's that what
you said led me to expect many odd non-particular things.
It is narrow minded and impertinent to say this to a creature
from another planet, that's why.

Okay, she-thing, so what do extra-terrestrial alien females like to be
called?
Your absurd remarks about
operations for me have been snipped.

You should be grateful I didn't propose a lobotomy.
I feel I have a license now
to spread the rumour that you are Daffy duck's pet frog.

Expect a visit by Donald Duck who will introduce himself as
Officer "Bud" White but you will see through this. He will
discuss with you the propriety of being his pianist rival's pet
frog (see Who Framed Roger Rabbit). Donald has a foul temper on
occasions. I will be most glad not to be there when he
'discusses' this little matter with you.

The last time I discussed anything with a duck, I was drunk and confused
by its suggestive waddle.