    ..NET report file?

    Many Thanks,
    Don
    Don Wash, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Image quality? I know the control has a zoom property that can be set at design time to have the report zoomed at a level of your choosing. Try that and see how it goes

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Don Wash

    Don Wash Guest

    No, I mean currently it is rendered as JPG. I want to render as better JPG
    quality or better image formats such as PNG.

    Is that possible in Crystal Reports?

    Don

    "Tampa .NET Koder" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Don Wash, Jul 22, 2004
  4. I doubt you can do this; but you probably can't do much with the version included with VS.NET anyways. So, you may have to visit thier website and see if other options are avaliable

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=, Jul 22, 2004
  5. Aha ... I have a solution for this. :cool:

    Crystal Reports .NET (the version bundled with Microsoft Visual Studi
    .NET) has a number of features missing, but probably the most annoyin
    is the low resolutions on charts and graphs.

    It is possible to improve this however in *TWO WAYS!*

    _DISCLAIMER_-_THIS_INVOLVES_EDITING_THE_REGISTRY._IT_IS_HIGHLY_RECOMMENDED_THAT_YOU_BACKUP_YOUR_REGISTRY_BEFORE_MAKING_CHANGES!_I_DO_NOT_ACCEPT_ANY_LIABILITY_FOR_THE_CONSEQUENCES_OF_ANYONE_MAKING_CHANGES_TO_THEIR_REGISTRY_BASED_ON_THE_INSTRUCTIONS_IN_THIS_POST!

    Firstly .. You need to add two Registry fixes.
    Open the following .. Start --> Run --> regedit

    Open the following Key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -->
    Software -->
    Seagate Software -->
    Crystal Reports -->
    Export

    Add a DWORD value called -BitMapMagnifDenominator-. Give it the valu
    of _1_

    Add a second DWORD value called -BitMapMagnifNumerator-.
    The value you should give this, is the same as the factor by which yo
    want to scale up the resolution of your charts.
    For example, if you want 2x the quality .. enter a value of 2.
    If you want 5x the quality .. enter a value of 5.
    (I found that either 2 or 3 gave a good enough quality for 99% o
    charting .. even at 400% zoom)

    Once editing is done .. close regedit .. recompile (or reload) you
    .NET application .. and fire up those reports! Let me know how it goe
    .. and hopefully all will be good.

    -NOTE - INCREASING THE RESOLUTION OF CHARTS THIS WAY WILL IMPACT YOU
    PROGRAMS IN 2 WAYS. (1) THE IMAGE RESOLUTION BEING BIGGER WILL INCREAS
    THE MEMORY REQUIREMENTS. GOING FROM X2 TO X3 INCREASED THE MEMORY USAG
    OF A SMALL CRYSTAL REPORT VIEWER WINDOWS FORM APP BY OVER 15MB!. (2
    THE IMAGE SIZES ARE ALSO LARGER FOR WEB FORMS .. SO YOUR CRYSTAL REPOR
    PAGES ON ASP.NET PROJECTS WILL TAKE LONGER TO LOAD!

    Secondly... If you are running ASP.NET web forms, then the Crysta
    Engine will use the same desktop resolution on the web-server t
    generate the reports. So if your desktop is running at 256 colour, the
    the graphs, charts and images will be rendered in 256 colour. So .. mak
    sure your ageing web-server's resolution is up to scratch

    Soo .. thats it!

    enjoy everyone

    Lemme know how you get on! :D

    Martiankeepe

    --
    MartiankeeperPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces
    Martiankeeper, Jun 23, 2005
  6. *bump*

    awwww c'mon .. it took me MONTHS to finally find this ... you can't b
    telling me I was the only person using Visual Studio who couldn't wor
    out how to increase CR.NET chart quality?

    not a single comment?

    :( *snif

    --
    MartiankeeperPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces
    Martiankeeper, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Perhaps you should be asking Crystal Reports?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

    Kevin Spencer, Jun 28, 2005
  8. OK, do you want a virtual pat on the head or on your back ?

    ;-)

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 28, 2005
  9. Juan T. Llibre Wrote:
    > OK, do you want a virtual pat on the head or on your back ?
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre
    > ASP.NET MVP
    > http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    > Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    > ======================

    [/color]

    hehe .. well .. either :)

    But to be honest I was hoping I would get some feedback to see i
    anyone else was having this problem. I used Crystal Report Write
    Professional for years .. and when I came to CR.NET I was appalled a
    the chart output quality ...

    Now .. either there was something I missed (which makes me a complet
    idiot, and award for "biggest newbie" wouldn't go amiss) ... or I ha
    the same problem as everyone else (which means this post could b
    immensely useful).

    I have searched and searched and searched ... from all sorts of De
    forums, the Business Objects (a.k.a. Crystal Reports) website
    knowledgebase, forums and FAQ ...
    finally (literally over 6 months after I first started looking) I foun
    this little RegEdit gem ... and thought I'd share it ..

    now .. has anyone even found this useful?

    (thanks for the pat by the way .. appreciated ;) plsthxbye!

    --
    MartiankeeperPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces
    Martiankeeper, Jun 28, 2005