Incredibly slow tree view

TimmyG

Hello all,

We have been using a treeview for sometime now with no problems. This
has been run on localhost, through a lan and over the web with no
performance issues to speak of. Until that is we moved it to a
dedicated high spec web server machine that is receiving harldy any
traffic. It is on this machine that the pages that use the treeview
become ridiculously slow. There is never more tha a hundred or so
nodes and the datasource for the treeview comes from a pre-built xml
file.

I have exmained and exmained the code and there doesn't appear to be
anything susupicious.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this one server may be causing such
a slow down?

The server just seems to go to sleep and once it is done the tranfer
to the client is very quick.

I have checked all the usual things like turning off debugging etc and
am at a loss.

I am of course reffering to the ms ie web controls treeview.

Obliged and out...
TimmyG

MSFT

Hi Tim,

From your description, the TreeView control in based on a XML document. You
may create a new Web Form on the server and add a TreeView control, and
then add nodes from its "Nodes" property, not from a XML file. From this
test, we can know if it delay on the XML file reading. Addtionally, if the
treeview control use some images, you may also remove these images from it
to see if this cause the delay.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security