incrementing

David Schwartz

I need to create unique id's for DIVs for each instance of <foo>
within each instance of <bar> as follows. I iterate through both the
bars and foos via <apply-templates/>. I've tried to use position() but
that reflects the current <bar>, not the current <foo> (the id for the
first DIV on the second page turns out to be 'foo2').

I'd appreciate any ideas!

TIA,
David

========= sample xml ================
<!-- note the there may be other peer elements to the FOOs -->
<root>
<bar>
<foo>blah, blah, blah</foo>
<foo>bebop, smooth, cool, swing, super cool</foo>
</bar>
<bar>
<foo>baroque, classical, modern</foo>
<foo>chicago, delta</foo>
</bar>
</root>

page generated for the first <bar> instance:
div>

page generated for the second <bar> instance: