    James Baker Guest

    Is there an equivalent of the += method (C/C#) or am I basicaly stuck doing:

    counter = counter + x?

    James Baker, Jun 4, 2004

  2. I wonder that too, but I'm pretty sure that you are stuck.

    Paul

    Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK], Jun 4, 2004

  3. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    Thanks...kind of a pain.

    Oh, how I wish this company would move to .NET =).

    James Baker, Jun 4, 2004
  4. If you used JScript for server-side scripting, yes there is.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Jun 4, 2004
  5. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    That's what I figured...I'm stuck with VBScript so I guess I'll do it the
    old fashioned way. Although it isn't even really old fashioned, it's been
    around for years! =)

    James Baker, Jun 4, 2004
  6. James Baker

    Ray at Guest

    In VBScript, no. But, you could make your own subroutine like so:

    x = 1
    up x
    response.write x

    Sub up(byRef i)
    i = i + 1
    End Sub

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jun 4, 2004
  7. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    This might be asking a bit much, but there's no operator overloading in
    VBScript, is there?

    James Baker, Jun 4, 2004
  8. James Baker

    Ray at Guest

    I do not believe so. VBScript is pretty basic. Even the _current_ version
    of VB.net doesn't support it.

    If you're familiar with C++, how about skipping ASP and going to ASP.net
    using C#?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jun 4, 2004
  9. He said "Oh, how I wish this company would move to .NET =).". So I don't
    think that's happening.

    Paul

    message news:...

    Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK], Jun 4, 2004
  10. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    =)...good deduction. Last company I worked for, everyone was fluent in C#
    and VB.NET so we had our pick of the litter so to speak when it came to
    languages. I used C# exclusively, but could troubleshoot/write VB.NET if
    need be. Going back to classic ASP is pretty rough, but I don't have much
    choice and with the current job market...I'll take what I can get.

    James

    James Baker, Jun 4, 2004
  11. James Baker

    Ray at Guest

    Oh yeah, good point. :]

    Ray at work

    "Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]" <> wrote in
    message news:e$...

    Ray at, Jun 4, 2004