Incrementing

James Baker

Is there an equivalent of the += method (C/C#) or am I basicaly stuck doing:

counter = counter + x?

Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]

I wonder that too, but I'm pretty sure that you are stuck.

Paul

James Baker

Thanks...kind of a pain.

Oh, how I wish this company would move to .NET =).

James Baker

That's what I figured...I'm stuck with VBScript so I guess I'll do it the
old fashioned way. Although it isn't even really old fashioned, it's been
around for years! =)

Ray at

In VBScript, no. But, you could make your own subroutine like so:

x = 1
up x
response.write x

Sub up(byRef i)
i = i + 1
End Sub

Ray at work

James Baker

This might be asking a bit much, but there's no operator overloading in
VBScript, is there?

Ray at

I do not believe so. VBScript is pretty basic. Even the _current_ version
of VB.net doesn't support it.

If you're familiar with C++, how about skipping ASP and going to ASP.net
using C#?

Ray at work

Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]

He said "Oh, how I wish this company would move to .NET =).". So I don't
think that's happening.

Paul

James Baker

=)...good deduction. Last company I worked for, everyone was fluent in C#
and VB.NET so we had our pick of the litter so to speak when it came to
languages. I used C# exclusively, but could troubleshoot/write VB.NET if
need be. Going back to classic ASP is pretty rough, but I don't have much
choice and with the current job market...I'll take what I can get.

James