Index and search PDf files in ASP.net

ra294

I need to build an ASP.net application that index & search inside a folder
with PDF files.

I know I can use MS index server to index and search inside PDF files using
a plug-in from Adobe.

Anyone has any examples of implementation of such service in ASP.Net using
Index Server on Windows 2003?

I prefer, if possible, to search also inside CHM files. I know that Index
server does not support it. Any other search tools I can use for this
solution?

Thanks for your time.

(e-mail address removed)

Guest

If you are up to rolling your own, you will need an LZX decompression class.
Perhaps someone has written an LZX StreamReader (I know there is a GZip
Reader class available as Open Source). You may end up having to wrap the LZW
compression DLLs from the Cabinet SDK:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncabsdk/html/cabdl.asp

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Guest

Here is a project I found that wraps the Cabinet SDK. Have not tried the code
yet, but it might be a good start for a CAB reader to get to the CHM text.
http://www.codeproject.com/win32/cabinet.asp

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA