index and seek need help

Art Chadbourne

Here is the scenario.
Access XP using VBA.

I have a text field. The text that I have in the field is m-1234.
I am running a >= seek.
My first seek is m and it returns m-1234.
My second seek is m- and it does not find it.
My third seek is m-12 and it does not find it.
My last seek is m-1234 and it finds it.

Why does it not find m-1234 when I am doing a >= seek and my text is m- or
m-12?

This works with an Access 97 database not with an Access XP database.