Index Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tim, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I'm trying to query the index server for document properties. The
    create view statement below is executed and later I call a function
    that fires the execution of the view which is shown below the view.
    I'm getting an error of "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: View
    '#WKCSEARCHVIEW' has not been defined in catalog 'Web'.
    SQLSTATE=42S02" on the last line.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    -Tim

    //OleDbConnection
    OleDbConnection oConn = new OleDbConnection("provider=msidxs; data
    source=Web");
    oConn.Open();

    OleDbCommand oCmd = new OleDbCommand(strSetProperty, oConn);
    oCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
    //this does fire, I use the same connection for a few events

    strCreateView = "CREATE VIEW #WKCSearchView AS ";
    strCreateView += "SELECT FileIndex, DocTitle, vpath, filename, size,
    write, characterization, rank ";

    strCreateView += "FROM SCOPE(' DEEP TRAVERSAL OF ( " + strScope + " )
    ')";

    oCmd.CommandText = strCreateView;
    oCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();

    //set up the provider
    string strProvider = "PROVIDER=MSIDXS; DATA SOURCE=Web";

    //create the connection and open it
    OleDbConnection oConn = new OleDbConnection(strProvider);
    oConn.Open();

    OleDbDataAdapter oCmd = new OleDbDataAdapter(strSql, oConn);
    DataSet oDS = new DataSet();

    oCmd.Fill(oDS, "Results");

    Tim, Jul 17, 2003