Index was outside the bounds of the array

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FtbWllIFdhdHNvbg==?=, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. Hi there,

    We have a web application written in asp.net (1.1). I'm not going to go
    into too much detail but we use a DLL to communicate with the database and
    also a couple of webservices. When we deployed version 1, everything
    deployed OK on our webserver. We deployed the application and 1 webservice
    under default web site, the other webservice (3rd party supplied) is on
    another server and services many other application in our organisation
    sucessfully.

    Recently we have tried to deploy version 2, but this time we have assigned
    another IP address to the web server and tried to install the application
    under a new website. Everything looked OK the application installed OK and
    most of the functionallity works just fine but 1 or 2 of the webservice calls
    fails with the error:
    "Index was outside the bounds of the array"
    I get this error on both webservices, on specific webmethods, but it DOES
    work OK on default website....

    Any help on this would be appreciated

    Cammie
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FtbWllIFdhdHNvbg==?=, Nov 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FtbWllIFdhdHNvbg==?=

    Patrice Guest

    You are using an array index that is outside the valid range (i.e. not
    between 0 and number of elements-1).

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Hi Patrice,

    Thanks for your interest.

    This may be the case, but before I go looking through the code in too much
    detail, I keep wondering why it works OK when deployed to 'Default' website
    in IIS.

    Cammie

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FtbWllIFdhdHNvbg==?=, Nov 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FtbWllIFdhdHNvbg==?=

    Patrice Guest

    I would really start by looking at the code. Once the error is located, it
    should be much easier to figure out why it worked under some other
    circumstances. Else you can only guess and you'll have anyway to look at the
    code...

    Patrice, Nov 28, 2005