    download. I mean something like the file managers avaible in some free
    webspaces where you see the files of your website.

    Thanks!

    Gil-galad, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Gil-galad

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Gil-galad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know if it is possible to put a dhtml or java script on a
    > webpage in order to have the files on the server listed and ready to
    > download. I mean something like the file managers avaible in some free
    > webspaces where you see the files of your website.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Not really. You need to use a server-side languages to do this.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Gil-galad

    paul Guest

    Gil-galad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know if it is possible to put a dhtml or java script on a
    > webpage in order to have the files on the server listed and ready to
    > download. I mean something like the file managers avaible in some free
    > webspaces where you see the files of your website.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You can probably use a .htaccess file in that folder or at the root to
    override your hosting default.

    just a text file with that name including the following line:

    Options +Indexes

    I used a .bat file to create the odd filename which windows doesn't allow:

    RENAME.BAT:
    rename htaccess.txt > .htaccess

    paul, Dec 23, 2004