Indexing PDF's using MS Indexing Service

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by C, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. C

    C Guest

    Hi,

    I currently use MS Indexing Service to search my htm and
    aspx pages.

    I recently downloaded the IFilter tool from Adobe.

    When I now do a search it still does not pick up any text
    in my PDF's.

    My PDF's are being indexed and I have stopped / started
    the Catalaog / Service.

    I find it hard to get any documention on the IFilter tool
    that is downloadable from Adobe.com.

    Any help or advice on this is much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    C.
    C, Oct 17, 2003

  2. C

    Tom B Guest

    There's some links here...
    http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=P17&P=1

    which leads here...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;193412

    Tom B, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Install the filter for PDF available from Adobe

    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/12b42.htm

    It works great!

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Oct 17, 2003
  4. Forgot to add: You basically install the filter and once that's done, you
    search the document in the same way you would search any other document in
    index server. You could use the document properties to filter a certain type
    of document -- using the SQL or the index server objects.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Oct 17, 2003