Indexing Service IIS 5.0 to IIS 6.0

Jay

Hello all.

I've recently transferred our web sites from a Windows2000 server to a
Windows2003 server. The transfer went almost flawless until I noticed that
our search function isn't working anymore. I'm using an ASP script to use
the Indexing Services and have set up my catalogs and directories but I'm
getting a 'type mismatch' on one of my Server.URLEncode commands.

Do I need to obtain a new script to utilize the Indexing Services of
Windows2003? If so, does anyone know where I can find this or would it be
better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

Thanks,

- J

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Jay said:
Hello all.

I've recently transferred our web sites from a Windows2000 server to a
Windows2003 server. The transfer went almost flawless until I noticed that
our search function isn't working anymore. I'm using an ASP script to use
the Indexing Services and have set up my catalogs and directories but I'm
getting a 'type mismatch' on one of my Server.URLEncode commands.

Do I need to obtain a new script to utilize the Indexing Services of
Windows2003? If so, does anyone know where I can find this or would it be
better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates to an
issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?

Jay

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

It occures on the line that reads:

' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )

Does it have something to do with vpath?

- J

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Jay said:
It occures on the line that reads:

' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )

Does it have something to do with vpath?

It could. What is RS("vpath")? It might help to show more of your code.
What value does RS("vpath") return?

Jeff Cochran

It occures on the line that reads:

' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )

Does it have something to do with vpath?

Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

Jeff

Jay

Tom Kaminski said:
It could. What is RS("vpath")? It might help to show more of your code.
What value does RS("vpath") return?

Hmm...I'm really not sure. The script came from Microsoft's web site almost
2 years ago. I never really understood what it was doing very well. I'm
assuming that it's the path of the file that the Indexing Service returns.

- J

Jay

Jeff Cochran said:
Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
Services.

- J

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.
Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
Services.

Jay, as others have asked, please show more code. We don't even know where
RS("vpath") comes from, or what RS is.

Jeff Cochran

Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
Services.

vpath should work fine, it's just a column in the index table anyway.
Does Indexing Services work on a query from the MMC? Also, post to
the Index Server group for any changes there may be between Indexing
Services 2 and 3.

Jeff

Jay

Jeff Cochran said:
vpath should work fine, it's just a column in the index table anyway.
Does Indexing Services work on a query from the MMC? Also, post to
the Index Server group for any changes there may be between Indexing
Services 2 and 3.

Good idea Jeff. I'll check there.

Thanks!

- J

Jay

Jeff Cochran said:
vpath should work fine, it's just a column in the index table anyway.
Does Indexing Services work on a query from the MMC? Also, post to
the Index Server group for any changes there may be between Indexing
Services 2 and 3.

It does work from the MMC.

BUHusky

I have a fix if you are getting the error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch: 'URLEncode'

I recently went from Windows Server 2000 to Windows Server 2003 and got
this error. After searching the Internet for more than 4 hours and
finding nothing I decided to post what I found fixes the problem.

I assume that you created the catalog and it's referenced correctly in
your code. The fix is so easy. Just go to the Indexing Services
console (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management >
Services and Applications > Indexing Service) and do the following:

1. Right-click the catalog you are trying to get to work and go to
properties.

2. Click on the Tracking Tab.

3. Select the WWW Server that is suppose to be using the catalog. It
was probably set to (None), hence the type mismatch error pertaining to
the vpath.

4. Click Apply and then OK.

5. Stop and start Indexing Services to make the change go into effect.

Hope this helps. Post here if it works for you so that others know.