    better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

    Thanks,

    - J
    Jay, Dec 3, 2003

  2. "Jay" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all.
    >
    > I've recently transferred our web sites from a Windows2000 server to a
    > Windows2003 server. The transfer went almost flawless until I noticed that
    > our search function isn't working anymore. I'm using an ASP script to use
    > the Indexing Services and have set up my catalogs and directories but I'm
    > getting a 'type mismatch' on one of my Server.URLEncode commands.
    >
    > Do I need to obtain a new script to utilize the Indexing Services of
    > Windows2003? If so, does anyone know where I can find this or would it be
    > better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

    I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates to an
    issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Dec 3, 2003

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello all.
    > >
    > > I've recently transferred our web sites from a Windows2000 server to a
    > > Windows2003 server. The transfer went almost flawless until I noticed

    that
    > > our search function isn't working anymore. I'm using an ASP script to

    use
    > > the Indexing Services and have set up my catalogs and directories but

    I'm
    > > getting a 'type mismatch' on one of my Server.URLEncode commands.
    > >
    > > Do I need to obtain a new script to utilize the Indexing Services of
    > > Windows2003? If so, does anyone know where I can find this or would it

    be
    > > better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

    > I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates to

    an
    > issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?
    >
    > --
    > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    IIS
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/

    It occures on the line that reads:

    ' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )

    Does it have something to do with vpath?

    - J
    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  4. "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > > "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello all.
    > > >
    > > > I've recently transferred our web sites from a Windows2000 server to a
    > > > Windows2003 server. The transfer went almost flawless until I noticed

    > that
    > > > our search function isn't working anymore. I'm using an ASP script to

    > use
    > > > the Indexing Services and have set up my catalogs and directories but

    > I'm
    > > > getting a 'type mismatch' on one of my Server.URLEncode commands.
    > > >
    > > > Do I need to obtain a new script to utilize the Indexing Services of
    > > > Windows2003? If so, does anyone know where I can find this or would it

    > be
    > > > better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

    > > I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates to

    > an
    > > issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    > IIS
    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/

    > It occures on the line that reads:
    >
    > ' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    > WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )
    >
    > Does it have something to do with vpath?

    It could. What is RS("vpath")? It might help to show more of your code.
    What value does RS("vpath") return?

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Dec 3, 2003
  5. Jay

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:23:35 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    >> "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hello all.
    >> >
    >> > I've recently transferred our web sites from a Windows2000 server to a
    >> > Windows2003 server. The transfer went almost flawless until I noticed

    >that
    >> > our search function isn't working anymore. I'm using an ASP script to

    >use
    >> > the Indexing Services and have set up my catalogs and directories but

    >I'm
    >> > getting a 'type mismatch' on one of my Server.URLEncode commands.
    >> >
    >> > Do I need to obtain a new script to utilize the Indexing Services of
    >> > Windows2003? If so, does anyone know where I can find this or would it

    >be
    >> > better to use a service such as Google or another SE?

    >> I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates to

    >an
    >> issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    >> http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    >IIS
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/

    >It occures on the line that reads:
    >
    >' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    > WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )
    >
    >Does it have something to do with vpath?

    Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Jay

    > "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > > > "Jay" <> wrote in message

    noticed
    > > that

    > > use

    but
    > > I'm

    it
    > > be
    > > >
    > > > I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates

    > > an
    > > > issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > > > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for

    running
    > > IIS
    > > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/

    > > It occures on the line that reads:
    > >
    > > ' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    > > WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )
    > >
    > > Does it have something to do with vpath?

    > It could. What is RS("vpath")? It might help to show more of your code.
    > What value does RS("vpath") return?

    Hmm...I'm really not sure. The script came from Microsoft's web site almost
    2 years ago. I never really understood what it was doing very well. I'm
    assuming that it's the path of the file that the Indexing Service returns.

    - J
    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  7. Jay

    Jay Guest

    "Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:23:35 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > >> "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > >that

    > >use

    > >I'm

    it
    > >be
    > >>
    > >> I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates

    > >an
    > >> issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > >> http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    > >IIS
    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/

    > >It occures on the line that reads:
    > >
    > >' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    > > WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )
    > >
    > >Does it have something to do with vpath?

    > Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
    Services.

    - J
    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  8. > > Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    > Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
    > Services.

    Jay, as others have asked, please show more code. We don't even know where
    RS("vpath") comes from, or what RS is.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003
  9. Jay

    Jay Guest

    > > > Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    > > Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
    > > Services.

    > Jay, as others have asked, please show more code. We don't even know

    where
    > RS("vpath") comes from, or what RS is.

    Sorry everyone. I posted the code on a web page so it wouldn't clutter the
    NG.

    http://www.pacer.org/search/searchCode.htm

    - J
    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  10. Jay

    > "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > > > "Jay" <> wrote in message

    noticed
    > > that

    > > use

    but
    > > I'm

    it
    > > be
    > > >
    > > > I'm not sure that a type mismatch error with Server.URLEncode relates

    > > an
    > > > issue with Indexing Services. Can you give some more details?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > > > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for

    running
    > > IIS
    > > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/

    > > It occures on the line that reads:
    > >
    > > ' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    > > WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )
    > >
    > > Does it have something to do with vpath?

    > It could. What is RS("vpath")? It might help to show more of your code.
    > What value does RS("vpath") return?

    Tom,

    I posted the code on an HTML page so it wouldn't clutter the NG.

    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  11. Jay

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:02:47 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >"Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:23:35 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message

    >> >that
    >> >use
    >> >I'm

    >it
    >> >be

    >> >an

    >> >IIS
    >> >
    >> >It occures on the line that reads:
    >> >
    >> >' Construct the URL for hit highlighting
    >> > WebHitsQuery = "CiWebHitsFile=" & Server.URLEncode( RS("vpath") )
    >> >
    >> >Does it have something to do with vpath?

    >> Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    >Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
    >Services.

    vpath should work fine, it's just a column in the index table anyway.
    Does Indexing Services work on a query from the MMC? Also, post to
    the Index Server group for any changes there may be between Indexing
    Services 2 and 3.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Dec 4, 2003
  12. Jay

    > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:02:47 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message

    noticed

    but

    of

    would
    > >it

    relates

    running

    > >> Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    > >Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
    > >Services.

    > vpath should work fine, it's just a column in the index table anyway.
    > Does Indexing Services work on a query from the MMC? Also, post to
    > the Index Server group for any changes there may be between Indexing
    > Services 2 and 3.

    Good idea Jeff. I'll check there.

    Thanks!

    - J
    Jay, Dec 4, 2003
  13. Jay

    > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:02:47 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message

    noticed

    but

    of

    would
    > >it

    relates

    running

    > >> Try a Response.Write RS("vpath") and see what you're getting.

    > >Hmm...returns nothing. I wonder if vpath isn't used in Win2003 Indexing
    > >Services.

    > vpath should work fine, it's just a column in the index table anyway.
    > Does Indexing Services work on a query from the MMC? Also, post to
    > the Index Server group for any changes there may be between Indexing
    > Services 2 and 3.

    It does work from the MMC.
    Jay, Dec 4, 2003
  14. Jay

    BUHusky Guest

    I have a fix if you are getting the error:

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
    Type mismatch: 'URLEncode'

    I recently went from Windows Server 2000 to Windows Server 2003 and got
    this error. After searching the Internet for more than 4 hours and
    finding nothing I decided to post what I found fixes the problem.

    I assume that you created the catalog and it's referenced correctly in
    your code. The fix is so easy. Just go to the Indexing Services
    console (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management >
    Services and Applications > Indexing Service) and do the following:

    1. Right-click the catalog you are trying to get to work and go to
    properties.

    2. Click on the Tracking Tab.

    3. Select the WWW Server that is suppose to be using the catalog. It
    was probably set to (None), hence the type mismatch error pertaining to
    the vpath.

    4. Click Apply and then OK.

    5. Stop and start Indexing Services to make the change go into effect.

    Hope this helps. Post here if it works for you so that others know.
    BUHusky, Mar 7, 2005