Indexing Service (MSIDXS OLEDB Provider) Error - Impersonation Fai

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by YK, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. YK

    YK Guest

    I'm using the MSIDXS OLEDB provider in my ASP.NET application to search/query
    the Indexing Service catalogs for information. This works fine on my server
    until I upgrade my server with patches. After I installed the patches, and
    ..NET Framework 1.1 with SP1, the application throws exception "HttpException
    (0x8004005): Impersonation failure" when my application query the Indexing
    Catalogs.

    Previous Configuration (everything works):
    - Windows 2000 Server SP2/IIS 5.0
    - .NET Framework 1.0 with SP2

    Current Configuration (MSIDXS OLEDB fails):
    - Windows 2000 Server SP4/IIS 5.0 with latest patches
    - .NET Framework 1.1 with SP1

    Please help.

    Thanks,
    YK