Indexing website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Brian Robertson, Mar 11, 2010.

  1. Hi all!

    I asked for advice about indexing my website. I have now included a Google
    search box on the front page. It works, but only to a point, and I can't
    understand why.

    As previously explained, my website basically consists of a list of railway
    stations and junction from the 1960s, all contined within tables. The index
    page with the search box is at http://www.britishrailways1960.co.uk

    The problem is that with several locations (Perhaps hundreds) a Google
    search doesn't find them. For instance, Chorlton-cum-Hardy. The best example
    I have found so far though is to search for Keighley. The result gives
    http://www.britishrailways1960.co.uk/NERS66.html

    But what happened to http://www.britishrailways1960.co.uk/NERS76.html ? That
    should also have shown up, but it isn't.

    All the pages have been on Google for a number of years, so it isn't that
    any is newer and not been indexed yet.

    Any ideas?

    Brian.
    --
    Visit my website: British Railways in 1960
    http://www.britishrailways1960.co.uk

    Brian Robertson, Mar 11, 2010