Indigo httpd.conf - mod_perl.so cannot be loaded

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Nele Paulsen, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Nele Paulsen

    Nele Paulsen Guest

    Hi,

    I've just downloaded the last version from the indigo page.
    No error with setup, but apache service cannot be started because of
    the following error:

    Event-ID: 3299

    The Apache service named reported the following error:
    >>> Cannot load C:/indigoperl/apache/modules/mod_perl.so into server:

    Module was not found.

    C:/indigoperl/apache/modules/mod_perl.so exists.
    I saw some simular error messages for Python in news groups but there
    wasn't
    realy a soltion, which I could adapt.
    I made all lines according mod_perl to '#'-lines, than the apache
    service starts.

    #ISEXT BEGIN
    # BEGIN MOD_PERL CONFIG
    ScriptAlias /perl-bin/ "C:/indigoperl/apache/perl-bin/"
    PerlSendHeader On
    <Location /perl-bin>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
    </Location>
    # END MOD_PERL CONFIG

    What module cannot be found?

    TIA,

    Nele
    Nele Paulsen, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Nele Paulsen wrote:

    > What module cannot be found?

    Just a blind guess from my side, since I never ran apache on win32:

    Do you have to use backslashes instead of forward slashes, or does apache
    translate them?

    Sorry if I'm totally wrong

    CA
    Carsten Aulbert, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Carsten Aulbert <> wrote:

    > Nele Paulsen wrote:
    >
    >> What module cannot be found?

    > Just a blind guess from my side, since I never ran apache on
    > win32:
    >
    > Do you have to use backslashes instead of forward slashes, or does
    > apache translate them?
    >
    > Sorry if I'm totally wrong

    Windows doesn't have a problem with forward slashes in path/filenames.
    AFAIK it's only CMD.EXE that requires backslashes.

    To the OP: please try a newsgroup devoted to web servers, as this has
    nothing to do with Perl (even though Apache is bundled with Indigo
    Perl). I'd suggest comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows. You're
    more likely to get a useful answer there.

    --
    David Wall
    David K. Wall, Dec 17, 2003
  4. "David K. Wall" <> wrote in

    > AFAIK it's only CMD.EXE that requires backslashes.

    Well, at least with Win XP Pro, there does not seem to be such a
    requirement:

    C:\Home> c:/perl/bin/perl -v

    Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall

    --