inetserv + svhost 100% cpu sending emails with SMTP

Joao S Cardoso [MVP]

Hi

I'm developping on a XP + SP1 + all updates to date with VS2002 for ASP.NET

basically what I'm doing is to send an email using my virtual smtp service
(using system.web objects), and what happens is that the email is put on PickUp
folded in c:\inetpub\mailroot\pickup. So far so good. The problem is that while
the .eml file is there inetserv gets to use ~70% of cpu and one of the instances
od svhost about 30%. And the email is never sent.

The moment I delete the email from this folder, the CPU usage drops to 0% in
both.

This is a trange behaviour and I'm a bit out there on this one. I've tested with
different app's and have the same problem...

So... i'm turning to you guys for any pointers you can give-me

Regards

Joao Cardoso (MVP dotNET)

Noble71S45