inexpensive/free HTML editor? Help!

Timothy Ace Holleran

I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters into code
with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion). Any advice on
an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode; am not looking for
tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

Ace

Hywel

Timothy said:
I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters into code
with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion). Any advice on
an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode; am not looking for
tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

http://www.html-kit.com/

Richard

"Timothy Ace Holleran" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters into code
with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion). Any advice on
an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode; am not looking for
tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

Ace

http://www.stoneware.dk/english/default.htm

This has an internal viewer set to 800x600 but doesn't restrict you to that
size.
Has a library of tags for html, css and javascript along with some scripts.
No erroneous coding placement I've seen yet.

Whitecrest

I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters into code
with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion). Any advice on
an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode; am not looking for
tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

HTML-Kit is a good one

Neal

I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters into
code
with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion). Any advice
on
an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode; am not looking
for
tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

Ace

Tyro, eh? Do crosswords much?

I use Crimson text editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/) and a slew of
browsers (Mozilla, IE, Opera, Lynx) to view the code, works fine for me.
If you prefer getting your hands into the batter, that's the way to go.

William Park

Timothy Ace Holleran said:
I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters
into code with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion).
Any advice on an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode;
am not looking for tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

1. Vim. I use the following macros to generate '<tag>...</tag>' or
'<tag>':
imap <C-k> <Esc>yiwi<<Esc>ea><CR></<C-r>"><Up><End>
imap <C-l> <Esc>yiwi<<Esc>ea>

2. Mozilla Composer.

Charles Banas

Timothy said:
I've had it up to here with AceHTML (it sticks nonsense characters into code
with no warning) and 1st Page (refuses to boot on occasion). Any advice on
an HTML coding program that actually works? I handcode; am not looking for
tyro WYSIWIG stuff.

Ace
vim.

http://www.vim.org