    Thanks,

    greetings,

    deltaquattro

    deltaquattro, Jan 16, 2007

  2. deltaquattro

    Ron Natalie Guest

    deltaquattro wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
    > and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
    > programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
    > me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
    > Thanks,\

    What are you, a glutton for the obsolete? VC++ 6 is two major versions
    old.

    Ron Natalie, Jan 17, 2007

  3. On Jan 17, 3:43 am, Ron Natalie <> wrote:
    > deltaquattro wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
    > > and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
    > > programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
    > > me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
    > > Thanks,\

    > What are you, a glutton for the obsolete? VC++ 6 is two major versions
    > old.

    Yes, but these things should be measured in years, and VC++ 6 came in
    1998 which converted to IT-time is somewhere around early
    industrialism.

    To the OP:
    Sorry, can't help you there but your local college/high
    school/university will probably have one. These kind of courses are
    quite common (at least in Sweden) so you should be able to find one
    without too much trouble, the question is when the next one starts. If
    they are anything like those in Sweden I'm afraid that the quality
    won't be the best, often combining C and C++ in one course, but you can
    always get a good book and study on your own, Accelerated C++ by Koenig
    & Moo is highly recommended.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jan 17, 2007
  4. deltaquattro

    deltaquattro Guest

    Erik Wikström ha scritto:

    > On Jan 17, 3:43 am, Ron Natalie <> wrote:
    > > deltaquattro wrote:
    > > > Hi,

    > > > I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
    > > > and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
    > > > programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
    > > > me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
    > > > Thanks,\

    > > What are you, a glutton for the obsolete? VC++ 6 is two major versions
    > > old.

    > Yes, but these things should be measured in years, and VC++ 6 came in
    > 1998 which converted to IT-time is somewhere around early
    > industrialism.
    >
    > To the OP:
    > Sorry, can't help you there but your local college/high
    > school/university will probably have one. These kind of courses are
    > quite common (at least in Sweden) so you should be able to find one
    > without too much trouble, the question is when the next one starts. If
    > they are anything like those in Sweden I'm afraid that the quality
    > won't be the best, often combining C and C++ in one course, but you can
    > always get a good book and study on your own, Accelerated C++ by Koenig
    > & Moo is highly recommended.
    >
    > --
    > Erik Wikström

    Hi, Erik,

    thank you for posting an useful reply: I also thought of the
    university, but they have six months long courses, and I must be "up
    and running" in way less time. Tomorrow I'll get the book by Koenig
    which was recommended to me by many. Thanks,

    greetings,

    deltaquattro

    deltaquattro, Jan 19, 2007