informal #python2.8 channel on freenode

Martijn Faassen

Fellow Pythoneers,

I've started an informal channel "#python2.8" on freenode. It's to
discuss the potential for a Python 2.8 version -- to see whether there
is interest in it, what it could contain, how it could facilitate
porting to Python 3, who would work on it, etc. If you are interested in
constructive discussion about a Python 2.8, please join.

I realize that if there is actual code created, and if it's not under
the umbrella of the PSF, it couldn't be called "Python 2.8" due to
trademark reasons. But that's premature - let's have some discussions
first to see whether anything can happen.

Hope to see you there for some discussion!

Regards,

Martijn

Emile van Sebille

Why not contribute to the planned Stackless 2.8? As I understand their
direction, they'll be backporting certain v3.x features and will be
prepping both SLP and nonSLP versions.

Emile