Information regarding C++ GUI Builders

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by stevenruiz@gmail.com, Mar 3, 2009.

  1. Guest

    , Mar 3, 2009

  2. Kojak Guest

    Le Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:16:49 -0800 (PST),
    a écrit :

    > What is the recommended tool to use in C++? I was going to use the Qt
    > Gui Builder. Is there anything better?

    Try comp.lang.c++

    --
    Jacques.

    Kojak, Mar 3, 2009

  3. wrote:

    > What is the recommended tool to use in C++? I was going to use the Qt
    > Gui Builder. Is there anything better?

    It is a good idea when looking for a tool to use with a particular
    language to ask people who deal with that language. C and C++ are
    different languages. The newsgroup for C++ is <news:comp.lang.c++>.
    Some folks there might be able to help, but it is more likely that you
    will just start a flamewar between the proponents of one tool or another.

    Martin Ambuhl, Mar 3, 2009
  4. On 3 Mar 2009 at 6:16, wrote:
    > What is the recommended tool to use in C++? I was going to use the Qt
    > Gui Builder. Is there anything better?

    It depends on your personal taste, of course.

    Personally, I would suggest that you consider laying out your windows
    directly in code, without going through a GUI tool. Sure, it's an
    investment of time to get comfortable with that way of working, but the
    rewards in terms of flexibility and (ultimately) development time more
    than justify the effort IMO.

    It's a bit like editors - sure, it's simpler just to fire up (pic|nan)o,
    but the time spent learning vim (or emacs, I suppose...) will translate
    into time saved every single day of the rest of your life.

    Antoninus Twink, Mar 3, 2009
  5. Sjouke Burry Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >

    > What is the recommended tool to use in C++?

    A c++ newsgroup.

    Sjouke Burry, Mar 4, 2009