Information regarding C++ GUI Builders

Kojak

Le Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:16:49 -0800 (PST),
(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
What is the recommended tool to use in C++? I was going to use the Qt
Gui Builder. Is there anything better?

Try comp.lang.c++

Martin Ambuhl

What is the recommended tool to use in C++? I was going to use the Qt
Gui Builder. Is there anything better?

It is a good idea when looking for a tool to use with a particular
language to ask people who deal with that language. C and C++ are
different languages. The newsgroup for C++ is <
Some folks there might be able to help, but it is more likely that you
will just start a flamewar between the proponents of one tool or another.

Antoninus Twink

What is the recommended tool to use in C++? I was going to use the Qt
Gui Builder. Is there anything better?

It depends on your personal taste, of course.

Personally, I would suggest that you consider laying out your windows
directly in code, without going through a GUI tool. Sure, it's an
investment of time to get comfortable with that way of working, but the
rewards in terms of flexibility and (ultimately) development time more
than justify the effort IMO.

It's a bit like editors - sure, it's simpler just to fire up (pic|nan)o,
but the time spent learning vim (or emacs, I suppose...) will translate
into time saved every single day of the rest of your life.