Informix Interval values into a DataGrid

Dave Varley via .NET 247

I am trying to pull Interval information from an Informix SEdatabase on Unix and display it in a DataGrid in C# .NET. TheDataSet column mapping does not recognise the data typeinterval. I have tried forcing the data type to System.TimeSpanbut I get the following error message:-

Unknown SQL type - 110.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the executionof the current web request. Please review the stack trace formore information about the error and where it originated in thecode.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unknown SQL type -110.

This is a limitation of the ODBC driver for Informix. If I coulduse the OLE DB Provide or the .NET Provider I wouldn't have thisproblem as they recognise the Interval data type. However theOLE & .NET Providers don't work with my old version ofInformix.

Informix will not let me CAST the output value as a string or anyother useful type, so I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help or isanyone having the same problem.