Informix OLEDB problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. Javier how are you connecting to it ..
    I mean your connectionstring?
    Patrick

    "Javier Rojas Goñi/ Parse Software" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am developing a simple web app that run querys against an INFORMIX
    > database and output the results to excel. I am accesing INFORMIX via

    OLEDB.
    > The app opens a thread for each requirement, and each thread opens a
    > connection to the DB.
    >
    > I have a strange problem: sometimes calls to the DB function never return,
    > the thread remains blocked and when another thread starts for serving a

    new
    > requirement it hangs as soon as it tries to open the DB connection. The

    only
    > solution then is to restart asp.net service (hosted on Windows 2000

    Server).

    Javier Rojas Goñi/ Parse Software, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Patrick

    Thanks for answering, the connection string is;

    Provider=Ifxoledbc.2;password=people01;User ID=ev880;Data
    Source=fin84tst@ev880u_tcp;Persist Security Info=true;

    --
    Javier Rojas Goñi
    PARSE Software Chile

    56-32-666366

    -

    Javier Rojas Goñi/ Parse Software, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Javier have you tried using ODBC?
    Look at :- http://www.connectionstrings.com/ asn try out connectionstrings.
    Not sure though if that would do the triick.

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 9, 2005