Informix OLEDB problem

Patrick.O.Ige

Javier how are you connecting to it ..
I mean your connectionstring?
Patrick

Javier Rojas Goñi/ Parse Software

Hi,

I am developing a simple web app that run querys against an INFORMIX
database and output the results to excel. I am accesing INFORMIX via OLEDB.
The app opens a thread for each requirement, and each thread opens a
connection to the DB.

I have a strange problem: sometimes calls to the DB function never return,
the thread remains blocked and when another thread starts for serving a new
requirement it hangs as soon as it tries to open the DB connection. The only
solution then is to restart asp.net service (hosted on Windows 2000 Server).

Any ideas? someone familiar with INFORMIX via OLEDB?.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

BTW I am using ASP Framework 1.1.

Thanks in advance...

--
Javier Rojas Goñi
PARSE Software Chile

-

Javier Rojas Goñi/ Parse Software

Patrick

Thanks for answering, the connection string is;

Provider=Ifxoledbc.2;password=people01;User ID=ev880;Data
Source=fin84tst@ev880u_tcp;Persist Security Info=true;

--
Javier Rojas Goñi
PARSE Software Chile