INFORMIX & Python/ZOPE

webmaster

Hi,

I'm desperatly trying to use Kinfxdb, but I have numerous segmentation
faults, who lead my Zope to crash. It mostly occurs when I try to work
with "date" fields (with an Informix Online database).
I got it here : http://zope.org/Members/papa/
I'm running a RH7.3 Server, with the latest Informix SDK available on
IBM website.

Any idea ?

Is there another free solution to connect Zope/Python and Informix ?
I've also tried informixdb but it doesn't work that great.

By the way, is there a way to get rid of setting the INFORMIXSERVER as
en ENV variable ? It could be useful to use several servers at a time.

Many thanks for any kind of help !

webmaster

I'd love to post a traceback, but I can't because my ZOPE instance
"freezes" and is unable to log anything, I have to kill it.

I've also tried to import the generated .so module in pyhton programs
(command line), in order to use it directly. The ZOPE problems I
experience become segmentation faults in the Python standalone program
(same request, same dd and same server of course), always involving
date or date/time fields.

Josef Meile

I'd love to post a traceback, but I can't because my ZOPE instance
"freezes" and is unable to log anything, I have to kill it.
Did you activate the external log of zope? If not, I think there is
a help file under %YourZope/Doc, which says how to activate it.

Josef Meile

I'd love to post a traceback, but I can't because my ZOPE instance
"freezes" and is unable to log anything, I have to kill it.

I've also tried to import the generated .so module in pyhton programs
(command line), in order to use it directly. The ZOPE problems I
experience become segmentation faults in the Python standalone program
(same request, same dd and same server of course), always involving
date or date/time fields.
Perhaps some of my bookmarks could help you:

http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope
http://zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/UsingTheZopeDebugger
http://www.zope.org/Members/klm/debuggingzope
http://web.archive.org/web/20030417...Members/michel/HowTos/TheDebuggerIsYourFriend