    en ENV variable ? It could be useful to use several servers at a time.

    Many thanks for any kind of help !
    , Feb 17, 2004

  2. Josef Meile Guest

    Perhaps you should try to ask on the zope mailing list:

    Ah, and don't forget to post the complete traceback. Without
    it, it's almost impossible that somebody helps you.

    Regards,
    Josef

    Josef Meile, Feb 19, 2004

    I'd love to post a traceback, but I can't because my ZOPE instance
    "freezes" and is unable to log anything, I have to kill it.

    I've also tried to import the generated .so module in pyhton programs
    (command line), in order to use it directly. The ZOPE problems I
    experience become segmentation faults in the Python standalone program
    (same request, same dd and same server of course), always involving
    date or date/time fields.

    "Josef Meile" <> wrote in message news:<40350a45$>...
    > Perhaps you should try to ask on the zope mailing list:
    >
    > Ah, and don't forget to post the complete traceback. Without
    > it, it's almost impossible that somebody helps you.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Josef
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm desperatly trying to use Kinfxdb, but I have numerous segmentation
    > > faults, who lead my Zope to crash. It mostly occurs when I try to work
    > > with "date" fields (with an Informix Online database).
    > > I got it here : http://zope.org/Members/papa/
    > > I'm running a RH7.3 Server, with the latest Informix SDK available on
    > > IBM website.
    > >
    > > Any idea ?
    > >
    > > Is there another free solution to connect Zope/Python and Informix ?
    > > I've also tried informixdb but it doesn't work that great.
    > >
    > > By the way, is there a way to get rid of setting the INFORMIXSERVER as
    > > en ENV variable ? It could be useful to use several servers at a time.
    > >
    > > Many thanks for any kind of help !
    , Feb 26, 2004
  4. Josef Meile Guest

    wrote:
    > I'd love to post a traceback, but I can't because my ZOPE instance
    > "freezes" and is unable to log anything, I have to kill it.

    Did you activate the external log of zope? If not, I think there is
    a help file under %YourZope/Doc, which says how to activate it.
    Josef Meile, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Josef Meile Guest

    wrote:
    > I'd love to post a traceback, but I can't because my ZOPE instance
    > "freezes" and is unable to log anything, I have to kill it.
    >
    > I've also tried to import the generated .so module in pyhton programs
    > (command line), in order to use it directly. The ZOPE problems I
    > experience become segmentation faults in the Python standalone program
    > (same request, same dd and same server of course), always involving
    > date or date/time fields.
    >
    > "Josef Meile" <> wrote in message news:<40350a45$>...
    >
    >>Perhaps you should try to ask on the zope mailing list:
    >>
    >>Ah, and don't forget to post the complete traceback. Without
    >>it, it's almost impossible that somebody helps you.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Josef
    >>
    >><> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I'm desperatly trying to use Kinfxdb, but I have numerous segmentation
    >>>faults, who lead my Zope to crash. It mostly occurs when I try to work
    >>>with "date" fields (with an Informix Online database).
    >>>I got it here : http://zope.org/Members/papa/
    >>>I'm running a RH7.3 Server, with the latest Informix SDK available on
    >>>IBM website.
    >>>
    >>>Any idea ?
    >>>
    >>>Is there another free solution to connect Zope/Python and Informix ?
    >>>I've also tried informixdb but it doesn't work that great.
    >>>
    >>>By the way, is there a way to get rid of setting the INFORMIXSERVER as
    >>>en ENV variable ? It could be useful to use several servers at a time.
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks for any kind of help !

    Perhaps some of my bookmarks could help you:

    http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope
    http://zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/UsingTheZopeDebugger
    http://www.zope.org/Members/klm/debuggingzope
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030417...Members/michel/HowTos/TheDebuggerIsYourFriend