Infragistics vs. DevExpress

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by eric, Nov 13, 2007.

  1. eric

    eric Guest

    I'm hoping to get a response from someone who has actively used both
    products (Web Based). I have been a very long time user of DevExpress
    components both WinForm and ASP.Net and, overall, they're OK. With the
    change in DevExp licensing scheme, I'm no longer entitled to upgrade pricing
    for their web-based components and having run into some problems with their
    latest trial product (Grid & Editor Controls), so I've decided to take a
    look and see what else is available. As well, I've never been too happy with
    support at DevExp (way too slow). Anyway, I looked at Infragistcs site and
    ran their online demos for their grid. I can't say I'm blown away but they
    seem ok. One thing I didn't see was the cabability for column grouping
    (draging a column to the top and the grid groups by that field value). Is
    this supported? The components I'm most interested in are DataGrids,
    Editors (date,numeric, dropdowns etc), control panels. Areas of concern I
    have are, ease of use, SUPPORT, timely updates. If anyone can speak to
    these on the Infragistics side, I would appreciate it. As I said, it would
    be nice to hear from someone who has used both. As well are there any other
    companies, I've heard something about SyncFusion? but I have not
    investigated them at all.

    TIA

    eric, Nov 13, 2007

  2. eric

    sloan Guest

    I can't help you directly.

    But take a look here as well.

    http://www.telerik.com/

    They're licensing model is alot better I think.

    sloan, Nov 13, 2007

  3. eric

    Benson Wong Guest

    I second this. I am using Telerik Report and ASP.NET component. Their

    Benson.

    "sloan" <> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:...

    Benson Wong, Nov 14, 2007
  4. eric

    Guest

    I also invite you to check out our FarPoint Spread for Web Forms
    component, our asp.net spreadsheet. It does all what you're used to in
    high-end grids, plus gives you full spreadsheet capabilities
    (including importing/exporting native Excel files without needing
    Excel). Here's the link for the live product tour -
    http://www.farpointspread.com/netproducts/spreadweb/tour/default.aspx
    (here's the grouping sample - http://www.farpointspread.com/netproducts/spreadweb/tour/grouping.aspx
    link).

    As for support, we are extremely responsive. Here's the link for the
    forums so you can check out our response time firsthand -
    http://www.clubfarpoint.com/Forums/forums/default.aspx. And here's the
    link for the current active questions - http://www.clubfarpoint.com/Forums/forums/TopicsActive.aspx.
    If you have a question, we'll get you the answer quickly.

    While we don't offer suites, we focus solely on providing best-of-
    breed products. And we've been around for 15 years now with numerous
    awards under our belt with nearly every Fortune 500 company using our
    spreadsheet. Just giving you another option to check out!

    - Donald

    FarPoint Technologies
    www.FarPointSpread.com

    On Nov 13, 2:50 pm, "eric" <7ak@!_df.com> wrote:
    > As well are there any other
    > companies, I've heard something about SyncFusion? but I have not
    > investigated them at all.
    >
    > TIA

    , Nov 14, 2007
  5. eric

    Guest

    On Nov 13, 2:50 pm, "eric" <7ak@!_df.com> wrote:
    > I'm hoping to get a response from someone who has actively used both
    > products (Web Based). I have been a very long time user of DevExpress
    > components both WinForm and ASP.Net and, overall, they're OK. With the
    > change in DevExp licensing scheme, I'm no longer entitled to upgrade pricing
    > for their web-based components and having run into some problems with their
    > latest trial product (Grid & Editor Controls), so I've decided to take a
    > look and see what else is available. As well, I've never been too happy with
    > support at DevExp (way too slow). Anyway, I looked at Infragistcs site and
    > ran their online demos for their grid. I can't say I'm blown away but they
    > seem ok. One thing I didn't see was the cabability for column grouping
    > (draging a column to the top and the grid groups by that field value). Is
    > this supported? The components I'm most interested in are DataGrids,
    > Editors (date,numeric, dropdowns etc), control panels. Areas of concern I
    > have are, ease of use, SUPPORT, timely updates. If anyone can speak to
    > these on theInfragisticsside, I would appreciate it. As I said, it would
    > be nice to hear from someone who has used both. As well are there any other
    > companies, I've heard something about SyncFusion? but I have not
    > investigated them at all.
    >
    > TIA

    Hi Eric,
    I'm not sure if you ever found your answer - the Infragistics grid can
    indeed do grouping. It's called "OutlookGropuBy" in the WebGrid, and
    can be turned on through the ViewType property. As per your other
    questions, support is available 24 hrs/day 5 days a week, with
    priority options availalbe which give you chat and phone support as
    well. Licensing is per developer, and pricing is available on our
    site at http://www.infragistics.com.

    If you have time, I'd like to hear more about your experience with the
    online samples. The WebGrid is probably the most feature rich grid
    out there, so if you weren't blown away, it sounds like the samples
    aren't doing a good job of showing everything the grid can do. In
    particular I'm intersted in which samples you looked at, and what you
    may have been looking for that you didn't see.

    Thanks,
    -Tony Lombardo
    Infragistics, Inc.

    , Nov 19, 2007
  6. Sorry for replying to Tony's post, but it's the only one I see in this
    thread.

    I haven't tried Infragistics or DevExpress, so I can't give you a
    comparison, but you should also check out the Telerik controls
    (www.telerik.com). Like the others, they are "okay". I've sub-classed pretty
    much every control we use in order to work around some issue, but overall
    the support is pretty good and they do help you work around problems pretty
    fast.

    And to be fair, when I say "problems" it's really just that things don't
    work the way *I* want them to. It's not like the controls are badly broken
    or anything.

    Scott Roberts, Nov 19, 2007