infragistics webGrid

NuB

i have to do a web app using the infragistics web grid and i never used
them. I changed the autobuildcolumns to false and bind my dataset to the
grid, but it comes up empty (no data).

how can i use the grid and bind my columns from my dataset in the order i
want to show them?

Guadala Harry

A few thoughts:
1. This is a MS news group - not Infragistics. They provide their own free
news groups. You might get more help there... but then, maybe not - read on:

2. You're in big trouble just using Infragistics ASP.NET components of any
sort. They are buggy, poorly documented, have ridiculous object models, and
are poorly supported (unless you pay for their support). Nevermind the
positive reviews their products sometimes get. Those authors usually develop
only trivial apps that run only on a local machine (i.e., they never see the
impact of the HUGE ViewState of pages that include Infragistics Web controls
on them...) and then write rave reviews.

3. You would do much better to switch to ComponentArt if possible. Their
products are in a class of their own. Try them and you'll see for yourself.

And yes - I actually hope this helps!

-GH

NuB

thanks.

I did find some major issues with their web controls, I'll look at some
other or use the .NET grid for this app.
thanks for that information