Inheritance over two 'generations' plus CodeBehind

oerz

I have a Parent class called Plant. Compiled as dll.
Its child is called Tree. As Tree.vb.
The grandchild is to be a web page called Birch.aspx (inherits Tree).
Since the grandchild needs to inherit from System.Web.UI.Page, I made
that class its Great-Grandparent (or Parent to Plant).

Now my problem: I get an Error "BC30002 Type 'Plant' is not defined."
on my line "Inherits Plant" in file Tree.vb (when I call Birch.aspx in
my browser).
If I leave out 'Inherits Plant' and put in 'Inherits
System.Web.UI.Page', it works (except that the Plant's functionality
is lost, obviously!)
Plant.dll is in ../BIN. Even Tree compiles to a dll withour errors...

I am sure that's quite simple to solve (if you know how...!)?! I'd
greatly appreciate your help!!

Urs

Patrice Scribe

It looks like there is either no reference or that you should specify the
namespace for the Plant class (the class browser may help ?)...

oerz

I'm afraid that does not help. Reference? I know how to give a reference
when I compile. How do I explicitly give a reference?
Namespace did not work.
Interestingly, if I compile Tree and create a child called Birch,
(Birch.vb) and use that as Codebehind for Birch.aspx, then Tree has no
reference problem, but Birch (now being the uncompiled codebehind file)
does.
Any help?

Thanks,

oerz