Inherited DropDownList Designer problem

Ron Vecchi

I have an inherited DropDownList custom control that in the DataBind()
method I add a bunch pre determined list items that contain the various
Country names and Abbreviations.

There are four options of displaying these Items that is based on enum :
AbbreviatesItemViewMode
NamesOnly - Adds the ListItems with the Country name as both the value
and text
AbbreviationsOnly - Adds the ListItems with the 3character Abbrevication
as both the value and text
NameValues - Adds the ListItems with the Country name as the value and
the ABBR as the text
AbbreviationValues - Adds the ListItems with the ABBR as the value and
name as the text.

[Default value is AbbreviationsOnly.]

Everything works great!...except I'm trying to get it to work with the
designer. new territory for me.

When I drag the control to the form from the toolbox the default value is
set(correct) and the ListItems are displayed correctly when I switch to
HtmlView.
But if I go to the properties window and change the AbbreviatesItemViewMode
property the list items in the HTML view are not changed.

Any Sugesstions?

Thanks,
Ron