Inheriting a control

Ant

Hi,
Firstly, I'm not using ASP , I'm using winForms but I can't seem to find a
winforms building controls thread. If anybody knows of such a thread in this
forum I'd be most grateful.

The problem I'm having is I'm creating a control using a class library. This
class is inheriting a Checkbox. I want to create a simple Toggle Button
control.

After setting a reference to the windows forms dll, I inherit the checkbox
class in the normal fashion:

public class MyToggleButton : CheckBox{//code here}

I build ok.

When I add a reference to this assembly, it recognises the reference but no
control appears on my MyUserControls tab. Why is this so?

I have created controls using control libraries with no problems. Why can't
I inherit from a standard control & see it on MyUserControls?

Thanks for any clues in advance.
Ant

Ant

Hi,

I worked out how to add it, by using the Add/Remove items on the tool box.
But this leaves me with a question.

Why do I need to add a referene to a control library from the project menu

but I need to use Add/Remove to add a class library control? what is the
difference?

Thanks for any thoughts
Ant