    Does anyone have information, or better an example to use this file ?.

    Thanks.

    H.

    bhb, Jan 27, 2004

  2. bhb wrote:

    > I would like to use a file. rif in a functional Simulation (VHDL) with
    > ModelSim-Altera Software.
    > (RAM initialisation).
    >
    > Does anyone have information, or better an example to use this file ?.

    That's an altera.com question.

    Why might I want to init a RAM during download?
    There are two possible reasons.

    1. I really need a rom, and should consider using a vhdl
    constant array of vectors to infer the ROM from
    block RAM without worrying about vendor specific files.

    2. I have a local or external controller that
    will do read and write cylces to this block ram.
    In this case, consider inferring the RAM from
    a template and init it (if need be) using the controller.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jan 30, 2004