Initialize not being called

bryan

I'm using the UIP App block and I have overridden the Initialize
method, but my override never gets called. Here's the code:

public override void Initialize(TaskArgumentsHolder args,
ViewSettings settings) {

base.Initialize (args, settings);

Logger.Write("Initialize");

}

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bryan

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Bryan,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

ÈÎÔ¶[΢Èí]

Hi Bryan,

Welcome to MSDN newsgroup!

Based on my understanding, the current situation is you create a custom
class to implement the IView interface and use the custom class in the
project. Please let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

As far as I know, the Initialize method is called after the view manager
instantiates the view. So could you please help me to confirm some
information?

First, the category of the application is Winform or Web form;

Second, please supply the code snippet of calling the Initialize method;

Third, I suggest we set the breakpoint for the override function and debug
the project. Then we can confirm whether the Initialize method executes or
just add log failed.

I look forward to your reply.

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

bryan

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:30:34 GMT, (e-mail address removed) ("ÈÎÔ¶[΢Èí]")
wrote:

Yuan -
I create a class derived from WebFormView and override the
Initialize method:

public class ViewWelcome : WebFormView {

public override void Initialize(TaskArgumentsHolder
args, ViewSettings settings) {

base.Initialize (args, settings);

Logger.Write("Initialize");

}
..
..
..
}

I never see the "Initialize" message in the log, and if I set a
breakpoint in this method it never gets hit.

I verified that the page does actually load by setting a breakpoint in
the Page_Load method.

Thanks for the help.
Bryan

ÈÎÔ¶[΢Èí]

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your posting!

Based on my understanding, you require getting a custom attributed value
while the application is loading. Meaning you want to use a ViewSettings
argument such as ¡°ViewSettings.Type¡±. Please let me know if I have
misunderstood.

If we want to use the value in our custom class, I think reading the
setting from the config file directly is a better way. In the ¡
°WebFromViewManager.cs¡± file, the ¡°ActiveView¡± method is another method
for getting the value of settings, but different from the ¡
°WindowsFormViewManager.cs¡± file. The WebForm Application doesn¡¯t supply
any method like ¡°Initialize¡±, so my suggestion is we read the value of
the setting from the config file by using a XML reader or have the UIP do
it. The reading method can be executed in our custom ¡°WebFormView_Load¡±
method.

I hope the above information helps, if you have any questions or concerns,
please do not hesitate to let me know. I am standing by to help you.

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

bryan

Hi Yuan -
I think you have understood my problem. I have several attributes
which I want to associate with individual views. Since it looks like
there is no easy way to have the UIAP block get these for me in a
WebFormView derived class, I'll just read them from the config file
myself as you suggested.

Thanks,
Bryan

ÈÎÔ¶[΢Èí]

Hi Bryan,

While, I'm glad to help you for the issue. If you have any issues or
concern, welcome to MSDN newsgroup. We'll discuss together.

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support