initialize serial port

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by miguel.ossa, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. miguel.ossa

    miguel.ossa Guest

    Hi to all!

    I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
    Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
    C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
    function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).

    I can send any information to the printer using COM1, and the printer
    hears me with no problem, but it's not answering to any command.

    If I previously execute MSD.EXE, and then I press "C" (Com port
    status), then the thing works properly.

    Does anybody knows which function I can use to emulate this program?
    Or does anybody have another program that does exactly the same
    function without interaction with the user? I need to activate the
    ports in a public commerce, and I don't want they press "c" and "F3"
    every morning in order to work (it's not a clean solucion, isn't it?).

    Well, I would appreciate any suggestion... I am leaving Polland this
    sunday...

    Thanks!!!
    miguel.ossa, Feb 13, 2004

  2. miguel.ossa <> spoke thus:

    > I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
    > Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
    > C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
    > function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

    http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/dj3vande/clc/clc-welcome.txt

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Feb 13, 2004

  3. miguel.ossa

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> (miguel.ossa) writes:

    >Hi to all!
    >
    >I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
    >Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
    >C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
    >function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).
    >
    >I can send any information to the printer using COM1, and the printer
    >hears me with no problem, but it's not answering to any command.
    >
    >If I previously execute MSD.EXE, and then I press "C" (Com port
    >status), then the thing works properly.
    >
    >Does anybody knows which function I can use to emulate this program?
    >Or does anybody have another program that does exactly the same
    >function without interaction with the user? I need to activate the
    >ports in a public commerce, and I don't want they press "c" and "F3"
    >every morning in order to work (it's not a clean solucion, isn't it?).
    >
    >Well, I would appreciate any suggestion... I am leaving Polland this
    >sunday...

    Well, if you leave this mythical place called Polland this Sunday, you
    have only two mornings left for pressing "c" and "F3" in order to work.
    No big deal...

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group
    Dan Pop, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Greetings.

    In article <>, miguel.ossa
    wrote:
    > I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
    > Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
    > C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
    > function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).

    [snip]
    > Well, I would appreciate any suggestion...

    I suggest you ask this question in a group dedicated to Visual C++ and/or
    MS-DOS programming. :)

    Regards,
    Tristan

    --