initialize value - FormView InsertItemTemplate

E. Kwong

Am a newbie on VS2005. I've created an input form using Formview's
InsertItemTemplate control. There's one field I want to initialize to
today's date:

Protected Sub frmMain_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
Dim strToday As String = DateTime.Now.ToString("d")
If (frmMain.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Insert) Then
(TextBox)frmMain.FindControl("txtPubDate").text = strToday
End If
End Sub

But I keep getting syntax error at the assignment statement. I've played
with the placements of the parentheis but it still doesn't work.

Have spent a lot of time on "simple" thing like this. Any insight
appreciated. Thanks.