Initializer for an array of pointers to arrays of strings

Steve

I want an initializer for an array of pointers to arrays of strings.

So I can do something like this:

const char* t1[] = { "a", "b", "c", 0 };
const char* t2[] = { "p", "q", 0 };
const char* t3[] = { "w", "x", "y", "z", 0 };
const char* const* test[] = { t1, t2, t3, 0 };

I was wondering whether the is a more elegant way of writing such an
initializer, one that does away with all the redundant names t1, t2, etc.

Many thanks
Steve

Victor Bazarov

Steve said:
I want an initializer for an array of pointers to arrays of strings.

So I can do something like this:

const char* t1[] = { "a", "b", "c", 0 };
const char* t2[] = { "p", "q", 0 };
const char* t3[] = { "w", "x", "y", "z", 0 };
const char* const* test[] = { t1, t2, t3, 0 };

I was wondering whether the is a more elegant way of writing such an
initializer, one that does away with all the redundant names t1, t2, etc.

Why do you say that they are redundant? If you want a pointer to
an array, you gotta have the array first. The only way to have
an array in C++ is to define one. That's what you need the tX for.
There are no "array literals" in C++.