Initializing Single Row of 2-D Array

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by pessenm, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. pessenm

    pessenm

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    Messages:
    8
    Hey Everyone,

    I am trying to initialize, or assign values to, a single row in a 2-D array without overwriting all the other rows. I am having trouble with the syntax and was wondering if anyone knows of a simple way to do this.

    I have this code:

    Packet_Data(I,0) <= SOURCE_NODE;
    Packet_Data(I,1) <= DEST_NODE;
    Packet_Data(I,2) <= DEST_OBJ(15 downto 8 );
    Packet_Data(I,3) <= DEST_OBJ(7 downto 0);
    Packet_Data(I,4) <= GLOBAL_SET_CLOCK_LENGTH;
    Packet_Data(I,5) <= TIME3;
    Packet_Data(I,6) <= TIME2;
    Packet_Data(I,7) <= TIME1;
    Packet_Data(I,8 ) <= TIME0;
    How do I assign zeros to all the other elements kinda like this:
    Packet_Data(I, 9 to 299) <= X"00";
    but with correct syntax?

    Thanks!

    Pessenm