    from the parent page?

    Jason
    , May 9, 2006

  2. Jason,

    Technically, it can be programmed on client side.

    The page in the iframe will have a javascript function

    function saveEvent(){
    myForm.inhAction.value="SAVE";
    myForm.submit();
    }

    where

    <input type=hidden runat=server id=inhAction />

    is used for passing info from client to server.

    The parent page would need to make a javascript call
    myParentForm.myFrame.contentWindow.saveEvent();

    Did you consider other solutions? Master pages? User controls?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 9, 2006

    Thanks for the quick response.

    As far as master pages goes, that is really what I want to accomplish.
    We are currently using some third party software (stellant) as a
    content manager. What we want to accomplish is a uniform look and feel
    to the webpages, but without losing the custom menus that stellant
    offers. The workaround was to have an iframe inside their html pages
    with our asp.net pages inside the iframe. As we went from page to page
    the asp.net pages would change in the iframe, but nothing else.

    How would user controls be beneficial in this situation?

    thanks
    Jason
    , May 9, 2006
  4. Ok. User controls could be useful for placing the same controls on every
    page. Apparently it is not for you.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 10, 2006